Most Active Stories
- School and University Closings: Tuesday, Feb 17 (Murray State University Closed)
- School and University Closings: Wednesday, Feb 18 (Murray State University Closed)
- School and University Closings: Thursday, Feb 19 (Murray State University Closed)
- Murray State Prepares Backup Generators for Possible TVA Shutoff
- (UPDATE: Arrangements Changed) Longtime Murray State Supporter & Administrator Jim Carter Dies
Thu December 19, 2013
KY Courts Creating Electronic Case Filing
Kentucky's courts are taking a step toward making electronic case filing a reality statewide.
The first electronic filings were accepted this week in Franklin County Circuit Clerk Sally Jump's office in Frankfort, the project's test site.
Limited functions are being tested before the full eFiling program enters the pilot phase. Administrative Office of the Courts Director Laurie Dudgeon said eFiling should be in place in every Kentucky county by the end of 2015.
The AOC expects to set up pilot sites in a dozen or more Kentucky counties next year.
Kentucky Chief Justice John Minton Jr. said the switch to electronic filing will create substantial savings and make the state's legal system more efficient.