Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed May 8, 2013
KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
A conference geared toward helping minority students get into the college of their choice is scheduled for June at Eastern Kentucky University. The Council on Postsecondary Education is accepting registrations for the event, which will be held June 28-29. It will be the council's 26th year for the Academically Proficient High School Junior and Senior Diversity Conference.
The conference is for minority students and their families to help them learn about college planning topics such as financial aid and scholarships, selecting a college and career and how to successfully transition to college. It is free for students who will be juniors or seniors in the 2013-2014 school year. Overnight housing is available for $15 per person.
To register, visit http://cpe.ky.gov/diversityconference . Registration closes June 21.