Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Tue January 29, 2013
KY Child Fatality Review Panel Making Progress
A panel created to review child deaths and severe abuse or neglect cases in Kentucky says redacted files have hampered its ability to fully investigate them, but members say they have made some progress.
The Child Fatality and Near Fatality External Review Panel, which met for the second time yesterday, is proposing that it become a permanent fixture and be allowed to do some of its work outside the public records law which would give members full access to cases. The group has identified some trend data among case files including many that involve substance abuse and mental health issues. The panel is tasked with making recommendations to improve investigations of child abuse cases.