Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue January 29, 2013
KY Child Fatality Review Panel Making Progress
A panel created to review child deaths and severe abuse or neglect cases in Kentucky says redacted files have hampered its ability to fully investigate them, but members say they have made some progress.
The Child Fatality and Near Fatality External Review Panel, which met for the second time yesterday, is proposing that it become a permanent fixture and be allowed to do some of its work outside the public records law which would give members full access to cases. The group has identified some trend data among case files including many that involve substance abuse and mental health issues. The panel is tasked with making recommendations to improve investigations of child abuse cases.