Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri September 27, 2013
KY Chief Justice To Update Lawmakers On Judiciary
Chief Justice John D. Minton Junior is scheduled to address lawmakers on the state of the judiciary next week in Hopkinsville. Minton will speak to the Interim Joint Judiciary Committee at 10 a.m. next Friday in the Christian County Justice Center.
Minton said changing demographics, budget woes and technological advances are forever altering how courtrooms operate and are placing new demands on judges and other personnel.
In his remarks, Minton is expected to brief lawmakers on how the judicial system is adapting to these changes. As chief justice, Minton oversees the state's entire judicial system.