Most Active Stories
- Snowfall Predictions Grow; Icing Expected in Southern Western Kentucky Overnight
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Fri September 27, 2013
KY Chief Justice To Update Lawmakers On Judiciary
Chief Justice John D. Minton Junior is scheduled to address lawmakers on the state of the judiciary next week in Hopkinsville. Minton will speak to the Interim Joint Judiciary Committee at 10 a.m. next Friday in the Christian County Justice Center.
Minton said changing demographics, budget woes and technological advances are forever altering how courtrooms operate and are placing new demands on judges and other personnel.
In his remarks, Minton is expected to brief lawmakers on how the judicial system is adapting to these changes. As chief justice, Minton oversees the state's entire judicial system.