Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Murray State’s Next President Says University Discussing Short, Long Term Roles with Mid-Continent
Fri September 27, 2013
KY Chief Justice To Update Lawmakers On Judiciary
Chief Justice John D. Minton Junior is scheduled to address lawmakers on the state of the judiciary next week in Hopkinsville. Minton will speak to the Interim Joint Judiciary Committee at 10 a.m. next Friday in the Christian County Justice Center.
Minton said changing demographics, budget woes and technological advances are forever altering how courtrooms operate and are placing new demands on judges and other personnel.
In his remarks, Minton is expected to brief lawmakers on how the judicial system is adapting to these changes. As chief justice, Minton oversees the state's entire judicial system.