Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Tue January 22, 2013
KY Changes Organ Donor Option
Kentuckians who want to become organ donors can have their wishes known with a special symbol on their licenses or ID cards that also adds their name to the Kentucky Organ Donor Registry.
The option becomes available Tuesday. In the past Kentuckians using a license or ID card to show they want to be organ donors could only do so by signing a statement on the back along with two witnesses. While that option is still available, it does not add the person's name to the registry. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet says joining the registry is a more definitive step because a license or ID may not be available at the time of death.