Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Tue January 22, 2013
KY Changes Organ Donor Option
Kentuckians who want to become organ donors can have their wishes known with a special symbol on their licenses or ID cards that also adds their name to the Kentucky Organ Donor Registry.
The option becomes available Tuesday. In the past Kentuckians using a license or ID card to show they want to be organ donors could only do so by signing a statement on the back along with two witnesses. While that option is still available, it does not add the person's name to the registry. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet says joining the registry is a more definitive step because a license or ID may not be available at the time of death.