Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed March 21, 2012
KY Bill would require seat belts in 15-passenger vans
The Kentucky House has passed a Senate measure requiring seat belts on vans carrying 15 or fewer passengers. The bill is intended to strengthen the Commonwealth's seat-belt laws two years after an Interstate 65 crash that claimed the lives of 11 people in a 15-passenger van. Democratic Representative Hubert Collins proposed the bill in the House. It would change the current law, which applies only to vans that carry 10 or fewer passengers. It passed in that chamber Tuesday.