Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed March 17, 2010
KY Bill Lets Guns be Carried in Vehicle Consoles
By Todd Hatton/AP
Frankfort, KY – Kentuckians would be able to stow guns in any enclosed compartment built into vehicles under a measure that's headed to the Senate for consideration.
The House approved the bill Tuesday on a vote of 94-to-four.
Democratic state Representative Will Coursey of Benton said the legislation would loosen current restrictions that require concealed weapons to be carried only in glove compartments.
At the request of Democratic state Representative Tom Riner of Louisville, lawmakers amended the bill to prohibit people with a history of drunken driving from carrying loaded guns in their cars.