Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Wed March 17, 2010
KY Bill Lets Guns be Carried in Vehicle Consoles
By Todd Hatton/AP
Frankfort, KY – Kentuckians would be able to stow guns in any enclosed compartment built into vehicles under a measure that's headed to the Senate for consideration.
The House approved the bill Tuesday on a vote of 94-to-four.
Democratic state Representative Will Coursey of Benton said the legislation would loosen current restrictions that require concealed weapons to be carried only in glove compartments.
At the request of Democratic state Representative Tom Riner of Louisville, lawmakers amended the bill to prohibit people with a history of drunken driving from carrying loaded guns in their cars.