Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Tue August 28, 2012
Ky. Auditor's Office Publishes Caldwell, Chrisitan, Calloway Co. Reports
The Kentucky state auditor’s office found several non-compliance issues with the Caldwell County Fiscal Court’s financial practices. The comments came in the 2010-2011 fiscal year audit released today. The report found poor tax record keeping, and a lack of outside review.
The report found too few people shared responsibility for financials in the treasurer’s office and at the county jail. The auditor’s office also recommended the county pass an employee salary schedule. The office also released reports on the Christian County and Calloway County sheriff’s departments. Auditors recommended Calloway County have more than one person handle money matters. They found no issues with the Christian County Sheriff’s Office records.