Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue August 28, 2012
Ky. Auditor's Office Publishes Caldwell, Chrisitan, Calloway Co. Reports
The Kentucky state auditor’s office found several non-compliance issues with the Caldwell County Fiscal Court’s financial practices. The comments came in the 2010-2011 fiscal year audit released today. The report found poor tax record keeping, and a lack of outside review.
The report found too few people shared responsibility for financials in the treasurer’s office and at the county jail. The auditor’s office also recommended the county pass an employee salary schedule. The office also released reports on the Christian County and Calloway County sheriff’s departments. Auditors recommended Calloway County have more than one person handle money matters. They found no issues with the Christian County Sheriff’s Office records.