Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Thu December 12, 2013
KY Auditor Wants Better Cybersecurity
State Auditor Adam Edelen is recommending improvements to cybersecurity at the Kentucky Retirement Systems.
Edelen released findings from an annual review yesterday and made several recommendations for fiscal improvements, including more closely monitoring contracts with outside companies.
But one of the more eye-catching recommendations involved weaknesses in cybersecurity.
Edelen said his staff discovered that former Kentucky Retirement Systems employees still had access to software systems containing sensitive and confidential information.
The review also found accounting weaknesses and inadequate segregation of duties among key financial staffers.