Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Mon October 28, 2013
KY Among 7 States In Teacher Training Pilot
Kentucky and six other states will participate in a pilot program to train teachers. The seven states — which also include Connecticut, Georgia, Idaho, Louisiana, Massachusetts and Washington — will work over two years to improve teacher preparation.
The Network for Transforming Education Preparation was created by the Council of Chief State School Officers.
A news release from Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear said 17 national organizations will support the states' work to bring about change in educator preparation.
Kentucky Education Commissioner Terry Holliday said more is expected of students and teachers, and it's important to make sure teachers are prepared for the task.