Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Mon October 28, 2013
KY Among 7 States In Teacher Training Pilot
Kentucky and six other states will participate in a pilot program to train teachers. The seven states — which also include Connecticut, Georgia, Idaho, Louisiana, Massachusetts and Washington — will work over two years to improve teacher preparation.
The Network for Transforming Education Preparation was created by the Council of Chief State School Officers.
A news release from Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear said 17 national organizations will support the states' work to bring about change in educator preparation.
Kentucky Education Commissioner Terry Holliday said more is expected of students and teachers, and it's important to make sure teachers are prepared for the task.