Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue September 1, 2009
KY Agencies Respond Differently to Spending Scandals
Lexington, KY – The Kentucky League of Cities and the Kentucky Association of Counties are taking different paths following internal spending scandals. League executive director Sylvia Lovely resigned last week. But at KACo, there's been no change in leadership, according to the Lexington Herald-Leader.
State Senator Damon Thayer says KACo hasn't acted as swiftly or boldly as the League has in responding to the scandal. Thayer says that has some lawmakers frustrated. Both organizations lobby the Kentucky General Assembly on behalf of local governments.
League leaders spent more than $300,000 over three years, and that KACo's five top staff members spent nearly $600,000 in two years on meals, travel and other items.