Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Wed January 23, 2013
KY Again Participating in Green Ribbon Program
Kentucky education officials are urging schools to compete for a national award that recognizes outstanding efforts in environmental impact and health.
The U.S. Department of Education Green Ribbon award recognizes schools for reducing environmental impact and costs, improving the health of students and staff and teaching sustainability. Three schools in the Commonwealth won last year. The Kentucky Department of Education says schools must send a letter of intent to the department by February 1 to compete for the award.