Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Wed January 23, 2013
KY Again Participating in Green Ribbon Program
Kentucky education officials are urging schools to compete for a national award that recognizes outstanding efforts in environmental impact and health.
The U.S. Department of Education Green Ribbon award recognizes schools for reducing environmental impact and costs, improving the health of students and staff and teaching sustainability. Three schools in the Commonwealth won last year. The Kentucky Department of Education says schools must send a letter of intent to the department by February 1 to compete for the award.