Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Wed August 22, 2012
KY ACT Scores Improve, Still Below National Average
Kentucky's public high school seniors scored higher on the ACT college entrance exam than a year ago, but their overall performance remains below the national average. State education officials say the average composite ACT score rose to 19.5 for Kentucky's public high school class of 2012, up from 19.2 in 2011.
The national average composite score was 21.1. This year's senior class showed across-the-board improvement with higher average scores in English, math, reading and science. Adding non-public school test scores to the mix brings Kentucky’s average up to 19.8, but the state reports only public school scores in its ACT data.