Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri May 8, 2009
KU Raises Rates Again
By Angela Hatton
Madisonville, KY – Kentucky Utilities has announced its second rate hike in two months. Eleven cities, including Madisonville negotiated a 3.9 percent increase effective May 1. The Madisonville Messenger reports KU will increase its wholesale electric rate by 8 percent on July 1. Utility company officials say the increases come as a result of the hundred million dollars the company spent repairing damage from the January ice storm. Madisonville Mayor Cox and other affected cities plan to challenge the rate hike.