Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri May 8, 2009
KU Raises Rates Again
By Angela Hatton
Madisonville, KY – Kentucky Utilities has announced its second rate hike in two months. Eleven cities, including Madisonville negotiated a 3.9 percent increase effective May 1. The Madisonville Messenger reports KU will increase its wholesale electric rate by 8 percent on July 1. Utility company officials say the increases come as a result of the hundred million dollars the company spent repairing damage from the January ice storm. Madisonville Mayor Cox and other affected cities plan to challenge the rate hike.