Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Fri May 8, 2009
KU Raises Rates Again
By Angela Hatton
Madisonville, KY – Kentucky Utilities has announced its second rate hike in two months. Eleven cities, including Madisonville negotiated a 3.9 percent increase effective May 1. The Madisonville Messenger reports KU will increase its wholesale electric rate by 8 percent on July 1. Utility company officials say the increases come as a result of the hundred million dollars the company spent repairing damage from the January ice storm. Madisonville Mayor Cox and other affected cities plan to challenge the rate hike.