The Kentucky State Police are investigating a cockfighting ring in Calloway County.
Around 7:20pm Saturday, KSP Troopers received a report of a cockfighting event being held in a building off of Protemus Rd. in Lynn Grove.
Upon arrival, they locate a small camper and box trailer used to house live animals. They later discovered over 30 dead gamecocks as well as over 35 live roosters and hens.
19 individuals, including 13 from Tennessee, were cited for 2nd Degree Cruelty to Animals, a Class A Misdemeanor. They include:
1. Joseph L. Brown of Mayfield, KY – 27 years-old
2. Harold A. Brown of Mayfield, KY – 31 years-old
3. Brian N. Brown of Harlan, KY – 38 years-old
4. Cody A. Wilburn of Whitehouse, TN – 24 years-old
5. Jessica J. Wilburn of Whitehouse, TN – 29 years-old
6. Tina L. Condra of Goodlettsville, TN – 45 years-old
7. Walter L. Condra of Goodlettsville, TN – 49 years-old
8. Timonthy J. Condra Jr. of Goodlettsville, TN – 19 years-old
9. Marvin W. Roberson of Murray, KY – 55 years-old
10. Bobby R. Denton of Buchanan, TN – 58 years-old
11. David E. Crick of Dexter, KY – 68 years-old
12. Heather L. Newland of Ashland City, TN – 36 years-old
13. Larry E. Newland of Ashland City, TN – 64 years-old
14. Mark E. Newland of Ashland City, TN – 47 years-old
15. Eugene C. Newland of Charlotte, TN – 37 years-old
16. Wyatt S. Krantz of Nashville, TN – 44 years-old
17. Michael W. Orr of Water Valley, KY – 41 years-old
18. Sandra B. Delk of Franklin, TN – 40 years-old
19. Robert G. Watts Jr. of Springfield, TN – 37 years-old
Additionally, 50 year-old Billy Biggs of Adolphus, KY was arrested on two unrelated outstanding arrest warrants and also charged with Cruelty to Animals, 2nd Degree (a Class A Misdemeanor), 23 year-old Seth Burnett of Murray, KY was arrested for Possession of a Controlled Substance, 1st Degree (Methamphetamine) (a Class D Felony), Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (a Class A Misdemeanor), and also charged with Cruelty to Animals, 2nd Degree (a Class A Misdemeanor).
The owner of the building, 53 year-old Jack Morgan of Benton, KY was arrested for Cruelty to Animals, 2nd Degree (a Class A Misdemeanor).
The trailers and approximately $4,000 in cash were seized from the scene.
The poultry were turned over to the Humane Society of Calloway County.
The investigation continues by KSP Trooper Aaron Jestes.
KSP was assisted on scene by the Calloway County Sheriff's Office and the Humane Society of Calloway County.