Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon December 2, 2013
KSP Launches Holiday Traffic Operations
Kentucky State Police troopers across the state will be looking at data to see where highway crashes involving injury or death most often occur.
Sergeant Michael Webb says a new enforcement campaign known as "Operation Holiday Lights: All Night, Every Night" involves having posts look at when and where crashes are prevalent and schedule heavier patrols in those spots.
Police are using traffic safety check points, covert details in high traffic areas and night vision equipment to help with the effort.
Webb says data shows nearly 53% of drivers killed last year weren't wearing seat belts.
The campaign runs through midnight January 1.