Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Mon July 8, 2013
KSP involved in Fulton County Shooting
A Fulton County man is in a Memphis, Tennessee hospital following an exchange of gunfire with police late Sunday night. Fulton and South Fulton city police, along with a Kentucky State Police trooper, responded to a 9-1-1 call of shots fired at a Fulton County apartment complex. They found 56-year-old Keith Dildine barricaded inside his apartment refusing to come outside. After a brief stand off, Dildine came out of the residence and fired at the responding officers. The police returned fire, striking Dildine, who then went back into the apartment.
He later exited without further incident and was taken to Parkway Regional Hospital before being airlifted to a Memphis hospital, where he remains in critical condition. KSP spokesman Trooper Jay Thomas says Dildine will face two counts of attempted murder of a police officer. The investigation is ongoing.