Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Mon January 20, 2014
KSP Arrest Hopkinsville Man For Forged Checks
Kentucky State Police charged Timothy Wharton, 38 of Hopkinsville, with Criminal Possession of a Forged Instrument and 2nd Degree and Theft by Deception, on Friday.
The charges stem from an investigation into a computer-generated, forged check that was passed against the checking account belonging to the Graves County Board of Education.
The investigation began on when the Finance Officer for the Graves County Board of Education discovered a forged check written to Wharton in the monthly bank statement.
Detectives with Kentucky State Police immediately reviewed video from the transaction where the check was cashed and confirmed Wharton’s identity.
Wharton was arrested by the Henderson County Sherriff’s Office and lodged in the Henderson County Detention Center.