Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri November 2, 2012
KSP Announces New Driver Safety Program
There's a new Kentucky State Police campaign to improve safe driving across the state. The project is known as Operation R.A.I.D., for "Remove Aggressive, Impaired and Distracted" drivers from Kentucky roads. The agency says it has kicked off the six-month effort, which will continue through the fall and the holidays into the New Year.
State police Director of Operations Lieutenant Colonel Jack Miniard says the program will have the same objectives from post to post, but each one will have a different plan based on crash activity in the region. He says the campaign focus is on reducing the loss of life on highways and isn't about writing tickets.