Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri August 7, 2009
Knee Replacement a Relief
By Angela Hatton
Paducah, KY – A new knee replacement technique makes surgery easier on patients and doctors. The procedure is being used for the first time in western Kentucky at Western Baptist Hospital. It allows surgeons to match the knee implant to a patient's anatomy. Western Baptist orthopedic surgeon Doctor Burton Stodghill says the technique typically cuts operation time in half and reduces blood loss, risk of infection, and recovery time.