Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu July 10, 2014
King Khan & The Shrines On World Cafe
King Khan & The Shrines, a psychedelic garage/soul band from Berlin, is led by the charismatic Arish Khan. Khan grew up in Montreal, the son of South Asian parents, and first played in punk bands. The group has been recording together since 2000 and released its latest album, Idle No More, last fall.
Khan is fascinating: He's both an over-the-top performer and a far-ranging thinker. In this session, he discusses the new album's title, which comes from a Canadian indigenous people's movement.