Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu July 10, 2014
King Khan & The Shrines On World Cafe
King Khan & The Shrines, a psychedelic garage/soul band from Berlin, is led by the charismatic Arish Khan. Khan grew up in Montreal, the son of South Asian parents, and first played in punk bands. The group has been recording together since 2000 and released its latest album, Idle No More, last fall.
Khan is fascinating: He's both an over-the-top performer and a far-ranging thinker. In this session, he discusses the new album's title, which comes from a Canadian indigenous people's movement.