Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Thu October 22, 2009
KET Hires New CEO
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Educational Television has a new executive director and CEO. The network announced yesterday Shae Hopkins will be the fourth leader in KET's 41-year history, succeeding Malcolm Wall, who is retiring. KET Authority Chair Hilma Prather says Hopkins is the right person for the job.
"The manner of doing KET's business is changing daily as we move into the digital format and Shae knows that aspect of the business plus her heart and her passion are in education and that's what KET is all about."
A 24-year veteran of KET, Hopkins has served for the past five years as the network's deputy executive director for education, programming, and production. She begins her new job January 1st.