Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu October 22, 2009
KET Hires New CEO
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Educational Television has a new executive director and CEO. The network announced yesterday Shae Hopkins will be the fourth leader in KET's 41-year history, succeeding Malcolm Wall, who is retiring. KET Authority Chair Hilma Prather says Hopkins is the right person for the job.
"The manner of doing KET's business is changing daily as we move into the digital format and Shae knows that aspect of the business plus her heart and her passion are in education and that's what KET is all about."
A 24-year veteran of KET, Hopkins has served for the past five years as the network's deputy executive director for education, programming, and production. She begins her new job January 1st.