Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu August 16, 2012
KentuckyOne Severs Ties To CoventryCares
KentuckyOne Health, the largest health system in the state, has announced it's severing all ties to CoventryCares, a Medicaid managed care organization. The move comes after Coventry dropped two KentuckyOne-affiliated hospitals from its system, one of which is Our Lady of Peace.
"This is a psychiatric hospital. 75% of which are children; and these are very vulnerable children."
KentuckyOne spokesperson Barbara Mackovic says her organization's leadership feels the contract with Covetry no longer serves the interests of patients. The former Jewish Hospital and St. Mary's Healthcare will end their contract with Coventry November 1st of this year. The former St. Joseph Health System will see its Coventry contract expire December 1st.