Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Thu August 16, 2012
KentuckyOne Severs Ties To CoventryCares
KentuckyOne Health, the largest health system in the state, has announced it's severing all ties to CoventryCares, a Medicaid managed care organization. The move comes after Coventry dropped two KentuckyOne-affiliated hospitals from its system, one of which is Our Lady of Peace.
"This is a psychiatric hospital. 75% of which are children; and these are very vulnerable children."
KentuckyOne spokesperson Barbara Mackovic says her organization's leadership feels the contract with Covetry no longer serves the interests of patients. The former Jewish Hospital and St. Mary's Healthcare will end their contract with Coventry November 1st of this year. The former St. Joseph Health System will see its Coventry contract expire December 1st.