Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu August 16, 2012
KentuckyOne Severs Ties To CoventryCares
KentuckyOne Health, the largest health system in the state, has announced it's severing all ties to CoventryCares, a Medicaid managed care organization. The move comes after Coventry dropped two KentuckyOne-affiliated hospitals from its system, one of which is Our Lady of Peace.
"This is a psychiatric hospital. 75% of which are children; and these are very vulnerable children."
KentuckyOne spokesperson Barbara Mackovic says her organization's leadership feels the contract with Covetry no longer serves the interests of patients. The former Jewish Hospital and St. Mary's Healthcare will end their contract with Coventry November 1st of this year. The former St. Joseph Health System will see its Coventry contract expire December 1st.