Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Mon December 22, 2008
Kentucky Veterans Cemetery West Inters 1,000
By Jacque Day
Western Kentucky – On Monday, the Kentucky Veterans Cemetery West performed its one-thousandth interment with the burial of Army Sergeant and Vietnam War veteran Frederick M. Logan of Hopkinsville. The cemetery, located just south of Hopkinsville, serves veterans within a 75-mile radius, including parts of Kentucky, Tennessee, Illinois and Indiana. It also serves as the Active Duty cemetery for soldiers and their dependents serving at nearby Fort Campbell. The Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs plans for the cemetery to continue interring veterans for approximately 80 years.