Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon December 22, 2008
Kentucky Veterans Cemetery West Inters 1,000
By Jacque Day
Western Kentucky – On Monday, the Kentucky Veterans Cemetery West performed its one-thousandth interment with the burial of Army Sergeant and Vietnam War veteran Frederick M. Logan of Hopkinsville. The cemetery, located just south of Hopkinsville, serves veterans within a 75-mile radius, including parts of Kentucky, Tennessee, Illinois and Indiana. It also serves as the Active Duty cemetery for soldiers and their dependents serving at nearby Fort Campbell. The Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs plans for the cemetery to continue interring veterans for approximately 80 years.