Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Mon December 22, 2008
Kentucky Veterans Cemetery West Inters 1,000
By Jacque Day
Western Kentucky – On Monday, the Kentucky Veterans Cemetery West performed its one-thousandth interment with the burial of Army Sergeant and Vietnam War veteran Frederick M. Logan of Hopkinsville. The cemetery, located just south of Hopkinsville, serves veterans within a 75-mile radius, including parts of Kentucky, Tennessee, Illinois and Indiana. It also serves as the Active Duty cemetery for soldiers and their dependents serving at nearby Fort Campbell. The Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs plans for the cemetery to continue interring veterans for approximately 80 years.