Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Roads & Highways
Fri December 13, 2013
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Starts Taking Bids for Kentucky Lake Bridge
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet began taking bids today for a new bridge over Kentucky Lake in Aurora.
The project includes demolishing and replacing the Eggners Ferry Bridge.
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet spokesperson Keith Todd says the agency is taking bids through Dec. 20. Then he says they’ll go through a KYTC approval process.
“There is a committee that reviews all the bids to make sure that they meet all the technical requirements of the contract, that normally takes a period of about a week or so,” Todd says. “By that falling the week before Christmas it may take a week or two, a little bit longer, to go through that process.”
Todd says once that process is finished the Secretary of Transportation will sign the contract and KYTC will announce the details. He says that announcement should come the first week of January.