Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Roads & Highways
Fri December 13, 2013
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Starts Taking Bids for Kentucky Lake Bridge
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet began taking bids today for a new bridge over Kentucky Lake in Aurora.
The project includes demolishing and replacing the Eggners Ferry Bridge.
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet spokesperson Keith Todd says the agency is taking bids through Dec. 20. Then he says they’ll go through a KYTC approval process.
“There is a committee that reviews all the bids to make sure that they meet all the technical requirements of the contract, that normally takes a period of about a week or so,” Todd says. “By that falling the week before Christmas it may take a week or two, a little bit longer, to go through that process.”
Todd says once that process is finished the Secretary of Transportation will sign the contract and KYTC will announce the details. He says that announcement should come the first week of January.