Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Fri January 11, 2013
Kentucky Tops Education Magazine's Rankings
Kentucky has made the top ten in Education Week magazine's annual rankings of school policy and standards.
The commonwealth got perfect scores in the categories of School Accountability and Economy and Workforce.
And now that Kentucky is emerging from the recession, Governor Steve Beshear is pushing for continued momentum and steady funding in education policy-making.
"We are poised to really take off," Beshear said. "We have got such opportunity in front of us but we need to address some basic issues and get those out of the way so we can really take off.”
Some lawmakers and advocates are concerned that certain education initiatives may go overlooked in the current short legislative session.