Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Fri June 20, 2014
Kentucky Teachers’ Retirement System Gets National Attention for Financial Transparency
The Kentucky Teachers’ Retirement System has been recognized nationally for its comprehensive annual financial report.
The Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada gave the award for Excellence in Financial Reporting to the retirement system’s Chief Financial Officer Mark Whelan for the report’s “spirit of full disclosure.”
The GFOA is a Chicago-based non-profit that serves more than 17,000 government finance professionals.