Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Fri June 20, 2014
Kentucky Teachers’ Retirement System Gets National Attention for Financial Transparency
The Kentucky Teachers’ Retirement System has been recognized nationally for its comprehensive annual financial report.
The Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada gave the award for Excellence in Financial Reporting to the retirement system’s Chief Financial Officer Mark Whelan for the report’s “spirit of full disclosure.”
The GFOA is a Chicago-based non-profit that serves more than 17,000 government finance professionals.