Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri June 20, 2014
Kentucky Teachers’ Retirement System Gets National Attention for Financial Transparency
The Kentucky Teachers’ Retirement System has been recognized nationally for its comprehensive annual financial report.
The Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada gave the award for Excellence in Financial Reporting to the retirement system’s Chief Financial Officer Mark Whelan for the report’s “spirit of full disclosure.”
The GFOA is a Chicago-based non-profit that serves more than 17,000 government finance professionals.