Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri June 20, 2014
Kentucky Teachers’ Retirement System Gets National Attention for Financial Transparency
The Kentucky Teachers’ Retirement System has been recognized nationally for its comprehensive annual financial report.
The Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada gave the award for Excellence in Financial Reporting to the retirement system’s Chief Financial Officer Mark Whelan for the report’s “spirit of full disclosure.”
The GFOA is a Chicago-based non-profit that serves more than 17,000 government finance professionals.