Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Fri June 20, 2014
Kentucky Teachers’ Retirement System Gets National Attention for Financial Transparency
The Kentucky Teachers’ Retirement System has been recognized nationally for its comprehensive annual financial report.
The Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada gave the award for Excellence in Financial Reporting to the retirement system’s Chief Financial Officer Mark Whelan for the report’s “spirit of full disclosure.”
The GFOA is a Chicago-based non-profit that serves more than 17,000 government finance professionals.