Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
Wed June 20, 2012
Kentucky State University and EPA to Sign Agreement
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has reached an agreement with Kentucky State University to support environmental measures on the Frankfort campus and develop an environmental science curriculum.
EPA's regional administer in the Southeast, Gwen Keyes Fleming, is scheduled to meet this morning with KSU President Mary Evans Sias to formally sign the agreement. The agreement is intended to help address dwindling participation in environmental studies and to help EPA attract a workforce that is as diverse as the public it serves.