Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Wed June 20, 2012
Kentucky State University and EPA to Sign Agreement
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has reached an agreement with Kentucky State University to support environmental measures on the Frankfort campus and develop an environmental science curriculum.
EPA's regional administer in the Southeast, Gwen Keyes Fleming, is scheduled to meet this morning with KSU President Mary Evans Sias to formally sign the agreement. The agreement is intended to help address dwindling participation in environmental studies and to help EPA attract a workforce that is as diverse as the public it serves.