Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon July 23, 2012
Kentucky State Police Annual Report
Kentucky State Police say a serious crime took place every two minutes and 38 seconds in the Commonwealth during 2011.
The agency’s annual “Crime in Kentucky” report released this month shows almost 300,000 arrests took place last year. Of those, just over 25,000 were DUIs, while 38,000 arrests were for drug violations. The Associated Press says due to a change in the way Kentucky compiled the 2011 numbers, the report can’t be compared to previous years.