Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Mon July 23, 2012
Kentucky State Police Annual Report
Kentucky State Police say a serious crime took place every two minutes and 38 seconds in the Commonwealth during 2011.
The agency’s annual “Crime in Kentucky” report released this month shows almost 300,000 arrests took place last year. Of those, just over 25,000 were DUIs, while 38,000 arrests were for drug violations. The Associated Press says due to a change in the way Kentucky compiled the 2011 numbers, the report can’t be compared to previous years.