Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Fri August 24, 2012
Kentucky Releases Unemployment Rates
Kentucky’s latest unemployment figures show widespread improvement in July. The Office of Employment and Training reports jobless rates fell in 97 counties. Rates increased or were unchanged elsewhere.
Fulton County had the Commonwealth’s second highest percentage of unemployed at almost 15 and a half, an increase of almost two percent over a year ago. Caldwell County had western Kentucky’s lowest rate at about 7 and a quarter percent, a point lower than July 2011. The national unemployment rate is 8.6.