Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri August 24, 2012
Kentucky Releases Unemployment Rates
Kentucky’s latest unemployment figures show widespread improvement in July. The Office of Employment and Training reports jobless rates fell in 97 counties. Rates increased or were unchanged elsewhere.
Fulton County had the Commonwealth’s second highest percentage of unemployed at almost 15 and a half, an increase of almost two percent over a year ago. Caldwell County had western Kentucky’s lowest rate at about 7 and a quarter percent, a point lower than July 2011. The national unemployment rate is 8.6.