Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Fri August 24, 2012
Kentucky Releases Unemployment Rates
Kentucky’s latest unemployment figures show widespread improvement in July. The Office of Employment and Training reports jobless rates fell in 97 counties. Rates increased or were unchanged elsewhere.
Fulton County had the Commonwealth’s second highest percentage of unemployed at almost 15 and a half, an increase of almost two percent over a year ago. Caldwell County had western Kentucky’s lowest rate at about 7 and a quarter percent, a point lower than July 2011. The national unemployment rate is 8.6.