Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Fri August 24, 2012
Kentucky Releases Unemployment Rates
Kentucky’s latest unemployment figures show widespread improvement in July. The Office of Employment and Training reports jobless rates fell in 97 counties. Rates increased or were unchanged elsewhere.
Fulton County had the Commonwealth’s second highest percentage of unemployed at almost 15 and a half, an increase of almost two percent over a year ago. Caldwell County had western Kentucky’s lowest rate at about 7 and a quarter percent, a point lower than July 2011. The national unemployment rate is 8.6.