Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Thu June 14, 2012
Kentucky Recognized for Job Creation
Kentucky is being recognized for job creation and investment projects by an award from a magazine that covers corporate site selection and relocation.
Area Development magazine gave the commonwealth one of this year's Silver Shovel Awards based on the state's top 10 projects last year. Governor Steve Beshear's office says those deals include a $600 million expansion at Ford Motor Company in Louisville as well as other projects around the state. Beshear says those projects have resulted in more than 3,000 jobs and $1.3 billion dollars in investments. Area Development editor Geraldine Gambale says this is the third Silver Shovel for Kentucky in seven years, largely supported by investments from the auto industry.