Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Front Page Episodes
Sun July 29, 2012
Kentucky Ranks 35th in National Child Welfare Report
The Annie E. Casey Foundation released the Kids Count Data Book this week, which ranks states according to their efforts in child well-being. Kentucky ranked 35th in the nation in this year’s report, with education and health care ranking as the state’s lowest contributing factors. Drew Adams speaks to the foundation's Associate Director of Policy, Research, and Data, Laura Speer about the Commonwealth’s ranking and how it may pull itself up by the bootstraps.
The Kids Count Data report can be accessed here.