Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Front Page Episodes
Sun July 29, 2012
Kentucky Ranks 35th in National Child Welfare Report
The Annie E. Casey Foundation released the Kids Count Data Book this week, which ranks states according to their efforts in child well-being. Kentucky ranked 35th in the nation in this year’s report, with education and health care ranking as the state’s lowest contributing factors. Drew Adams speaks to the foundation's Associate Director of Policy, Research, and Data, Laura Speer about the Commonwealth’s ranking and how it may pull itself up by the bootstraps.
The Kids Count Data report can be accessed here.