Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu August 1, 2013
Kentucky Preteen Skyler Hornback Sets Jeopardy Record
Originally published on Thu August 1, 2013 8:46 am
Skyler Hornback, a 12-year-old from Sonora, Kentucky, won $66,600 on the game show Jeopardy on Wednesday.
This was part of the show's Kids Week, but there's nothing childish about that total.
It's the third-highest one-day total in the show's history (behind $77,000 and $75,000) and far ahead of the previous single-day Kids Week total of $49,000, according to the show.
What's more, Hornback won with a question about Abraham Lincoln. (Kentucky!)
Check it out: