Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu August 1, 2013
Kentucky Preteen Skyler Hornback Sets Jeopardy Record
Originally published on Thu August 1, 2013 8:46 am
Skyler Hornback, a 12-year-old from Sonora, Kentucky, won $66,600 on the game show Jeopardy on Wednesday.
This was part of the show's Kids Week, but there's nothing childish about that total.
It's the third-highest one-day total in the show's history (behind $77,000 and $75,000) and far ahead of the previous single-day Kids Week total of $49,000, according to the show.
What's more, Hornback won with a question about Abraham Lincoln. (Kentucky!)
Check it out: