Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu August 1, 2013
Kentucky Preteen Skyler Hornback Sets Jeopardy Record
Originally published on Thu August 1, 2013 8:46 am
Skyler Hornback, a 12-year-old from Sonora, Kentucky, won $66,600 on the game show Jeopardy on Wednesday.
This was part of the show's Kids Week, but there's nothing childish about that total.
It's the third-highest one-day total in the show's history (behind $77,000 and $75,000) and far ahead of the previous single-day Kids Week total of $49,000, according to the show.
What's more, Hornback won with a question about Abraham Lincoln. (Kentucky!)
Check it out: