Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri June 15, 2012
Kentucky Poet Laureate speaks at McCracken Library
This past week, the McCracken County Public Library hosted Kentucky Poet Laureate Maureen Morehead for its Evening Upstairs series. Morehead talked about the role of place in poetry, and how her experience of Kentucky informs her writing. Before her presentation, Todd Hatton sat down to speak with her about southern writers and their sense of place, and why people turn to poetry in tough times.
Todd Hatton spoke with Kentucky’s Poet Laureate Maureen Morehead at McCracken County Public Library. Her appearance was part of the Library’s Evening Upstairs program.