Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon May 14, 2012
Kentucky Personnel Board to Discuss Agriculture Audit
The Kentucky Personnel Board is expected to begin consideration today of a scathing audit of the state Agriculture Department under former Commissioner Richie Farmer.
The audit found evidence that candidates for merit positions were pre-selected, monetary awards were issued without input from supervisors and that a merit employee's responsibilities were removed without documenting the action in a personnel file. Personnel Board Executive Director Mark Sipek is reserving comment until the board acts on the report. State Auditor Adam Edelen also referred results of the audit to the Internal Revenue Service, Attorney General Jack Conway and the Executive Branch Ethics Commission. Farmer's attorney, Guthrie True, says he thinks an investigation focused on his client is unlikely.