Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue December 15, 2009
Kentucky Native Appointed by Pope2
By Lisa Autry/Paco Long-Mendez
Owensboro, KY –
The Catholic Church of Western Kentucky has a new bishop. Pope Benedict
the 16th has chosen William Frances medley to lead the Diocese
"Throughout my life I have known and admired so many Priests more worthy and capable than I. But with profound trust I know that God and time will reveal to me and I hope to you why I have been chosen."
Medley, a native of Marion County, is currently serving in the
Louisville Diocese. Bishop-elect medley succeeds Bishop John McRaith
who resigned early this year. Medley's ordination will be in February.