Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Government & Politics
Mon February 13, 2012
Kentucky Lawmakers Join Challenge to Health Care Reform
Nearly all of Kentucky's state-level Republican lawmakers have signed a legal brief in support of a lawsuit challenging President Obama's health care overhaul. State Representative Tim Moore says he's tired of sitting on the sidelines on what is perhaps the biggest issue facing the country. More than 300 lawmakers from 17 states, including nearly 60 from Kentucky, signed a friend-of-the-court brief libertarian Cato Institute attorneys will file today with the U.S. Supreme Court. The lawmakers contend Congress violated the Constitution's commerce clause by compelling people to purchase insurance. They contend Congress has no right to force people to engage in commerce.