Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Government & Politics
Mon February 13, 2012
Kentucky Lawmakers Join Challenge to Health Care Reform
Nearly all of Kentucky's state-level Republican lawmakers have signed a legal brief in support of a lawsuit challenging President Obama's health care overhaul. State Representative Tim Moore says he's tired of sitting on the sidelines on what is perhaps the biggest issue facing the country. More than 300 lawmakers from 17 states, including nearly 60 from Kentucky, signed a friend-of-the-court brief libertarian Cato Institute attorneys will file today with the U.S. Supreme Court. The lawmakers contend Congress violated the Constitution's commerce clause by compelling people to purchase insurance. They contend Congress has no right to force people to engage in commerce.