Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Government & Politics
Mon February 13, 2012
Kentucky Lawmakers Join Challenge to Health Care Reform
Nearly all of Kentucky's state-level Republican lawmakers have signed a legal brief in support of a lawsuit challenging President Obama's health care overhaul. State Representative Tim Moore says he's tired of sitting on the sidelines on what is perhaps the biggest issue facing the country. More than 300 lawmakers from 17 states, including nearly 60 from Kentucky, signed a friend-of-the-court brief libertarian Cato Institute attorneys will file today with the U.S. Supreme Court. The lawmakers contend Congress violated the Constitution's commerce clause by compelling people to purchase insurance. They contend Congress has no right to force people to engage in commerce.