Most Active Stories
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- TN Police Officer: Open Carry Gun Bill Hurts All of Us
- Source 'Mid Continent Lays Off All Staff'-Leadership Meeting Before Issuing Public Comment
Fri June 22, 2012
Kentucky Law Enforcement to Participate in Nationwide Safe Boating Program
Boaters in Kentucky will be under a little extra scrutiny today as state law enforcement agencies participate in the nationwide Operation Dry Water program.
The operation is meant to reduce instances of boating under the influence and other alcohol use on the nation’s waterways. The effort includes safety messages at boat ramps as well as courtesy boat inspections by Fish and Wildlife officers. KFW boating education coordinator Zac Campbell says the goal isn't to surprise and arrest people but to have no cases of boating under the influence. The agency reports officers issued 188 boating safety warnings last year during the effort, but Campbell says there were no accidents.