Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Paducah Receives $400k Grant for New Park
Wed September 25, 2013
Kentucky House Speaker Turns Over Memos To Police Amidst Shredding Allegations
Kentucky House Speaker Greg Stumbo has given the Kentucky State Police memos regarding documents shredded by the former head of the Legislative Research Commission.
Stumbo provided the documents to legislative security specialist Rick Devers along with a request for state police to take whatever action is deemed appropriate. House Republican Floor Leader Jeff Hoover asked for an investigation after former LRC Director Bobby Sherman returned to his office with other staffers on Sunday, two days after he resigned, and shredded documents.
One of the staffers, Deputy Director Robert Jenkins, said the documents that were destroyed were either duplicates or were of a personal nature, including junk mail, mortgage papers and salary comparisons for LRC.
-Government & Politics - WKMS