Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon February 20, 2012
Kentucky to Hold Education Forum
Hundreds of educators from 17 states are headed to Kentucky to learn how the state is using a new set of nationwide standards in its public schools to get students ready for college. The forum on the Common Core State Standards will be held Feb. 27 to 29 in Louisville. The state's Council on Postsecondary Education says in a news release that more than 300 educators are expected to attend. The Common Core State Standards are benchmarks designed to ensure a uniform public K-12 education from state-to-state. Coursework using the new standards began to be implemented this school year in the Kentucky's public schools.