Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Tue October 7, 2008
Kentucky Hearings Continue on Internet Gaming Domain Names
By Tony McVeigh
Frankfort, KY – Franklin Circuit Court was filled with dozens of lawyers representing the domain names of 141 Internet gambling sites seized by the state of Kentucky. Calling it a peculiar case , Attorney Bill Johnson challenged the Justice Cabinet's authority to go after the domain names.
You don't see a single place that it says the Justice Cabinet has the authority to take any action like this. More so, it doesn't give the Justice Cabinet any authority to bring a lawsuit.
Attorneys for the state disagree, and say Kentucky is fully within its legal rights to seize the domain names, which it considers to be illegal gambling devices. After hearing three-and-a-half hours of arguments, Judge Thomas Wingate said he would need a week to study all the issues raised and it will be next week before he issues any rulings in the precedent-setting case.