Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Fri May 24, 2013
Kentucky Health Benefit Exchange To Air TV Ads
The Kentucky Health Benefit Exchange will begin an advertising campaign in mid-June to promote its work in TV spots that will run statewide. Gov. Steve Beshear ordered the creation of the exchange last year to help arrange insurance coverage for hundreds of thousands uninsured Kentuckians. It's an off-shoot of the federal Affordable Care Act.
The head of the exchange, Carrie Banahan, said $11 million has been set aside for marketing its services. The advertising campaign will also extend to radio and magazines to help get the word out about the kinds of assistance the exchange offers for uninsured Kentuckians to find health coverage.