Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri May 24, 2013
Kentucky Health Benefit Exchange To Air TV Ads
The Kentucky Health Benefit Exchange will begin an advertising campaign in mid-June to promote its work in TV spots that will run statewide. Gov. Steve Beshear ordered the creation of the exchange last year to help arrange insurance coverage for hundreds of thousands uninsured Kentuckians. It's an off-shoot of the federal Affordable Care Act.
The head of the exchange, Carrie Banahan, said $11 million has been set aside for marketing its services. The advertising campaign will also extend to radio and magazines to help get the word out about the kinds of assistance the exchange offers for uninsured Kentuckians to find health coverage.