Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed June 19, 2013
Kentucky Guard To Celebrate 221 Years Of Service
The Kentucky National Guard is getting ready to celebrate more than two centuries of service to the commonwealth and the nation. The celebration is set for Monday at Frankfort’s Boone National Guard Center. The event will recognize the Kentucky Guard's contributions over the past 221 years. The Kentucky Militia, the forerunner of the Kentucky National Guard, was formed on June 24th, 1792, by Governor Isaac Shelby.