Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Thu February 14, 2013
Kentucky Forest Fire Hazard Season Begins
Spring forest fire hazard season begins Friday across Kentucky. The Division of Forestry says burning anything within 150 feet of woodlands during daylight hours is illegal between Feb. 15 and April 30. Debris fires may be legally set after 6 p.m., when conditions are less likely to spread flames.
Forestry officials say they fought more than 1,200 that burned nearly 33,000 acres last year. Arson is the leading cause of wildfires in Kentucky.