Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Thu February 14, 2013
Kentucky Forest Fire Hazard Season Begins
Spring forest fire hazard season begins Friday across Kentucky. The Division of Forestry says burning anything within 150 feet of woodlands during daylight hours is illegal between Feb. 15 and April 30. Debris fires may be legally set after 6 p.m., when conditions are less likely to spread flames.
Forestry officials say they fought more than 1,200 that burned nearly 33,000 acres last year. Arson is the leading cause of wildfires in Kentucky.