Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Thu February 14, 2013
Kentucky Forest Fire Hazard Season Begins
Spring forest fire hazard season begins Friday across Kentucky. The Division of Forestry says burning anything within 150 feet of woodlands during daylight hours is illegal between Feb. 15 and April 30. Debris fires may be legally set after 6 p.m., when conditions are less likely to spread flames.
Forestry officials say they fought more than 1,200 that burned nearly 33,000 acres last year. Arson is the leading cause of wildfires in Kentucky.