Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Thu February 14, 2013
Kentucky Forest Fire Hazard Season Begins
Spring forest fire hazard season begins Friday across Kentucky. The Division of Forestry says burning anything within 150 feet of woodlands during daylight hours is illegal between Feb. 15 and April 30. Debris fires may be legally set after 6 p.m., when conditions are less likely to spread flames.
Forestry officials say they fought more than 1,200 that burned nearly 33,000 acres last year. Arson is the leading cause of wildfires in Kentucky.