Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- IL State Workers Worried Over Pension Debate
Thu February 14, 2013
Kentucky Forest Fire Hazard Season Begins
Spring forest fire hazard season begins Friday across Kentucky. The Division of Forestry says burning anything within 150 feet of woodlands during daylight hours is illegal between Feb. 15 and April 30. Debris fires may be legally set after 6 p.m., when conditions are less likely to spread flames.
Forestry officials say they fought more than 1,200 that burned nearly 33,000 acres last year. Arson is the leading cause of wildfires in Kentucky.