Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed November 4, 2009
Kentucky First Lady Launches Coat Drive
Frankfort, KY – First lady Jane Beshear is urging Kentuckians to donate coats to help the poor during this year's upcoming winter. Governor Steve Beshear's office is working with Goodwill Industries of Kentucky on a coat drive that runs through November 27th.
Mrs. Beshear says she's encouraging people to donate coats that could help provide warmth for low-income families. She's asking for new or gently used winter coats.
Bins are being set up in lobbies of government buildings across Frankfort, but people who can't make it to Frankfort are asked to make a winter coat donation to their local Goodwill.