Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed November 4, 2009
Kentucky First Lady Launches Coat Drive
Frankfort, KY – First lady Jane Beshear is urging Kentuckians to donate coats to help the poor during this year's upcoming winter. Governor Steve Beshear's office is working with Goodwill Industries of Kentucky on a coat drive that runs through November 27th.
Mrs. Beshear says she's encouraging people to donate coats that could help provide warmth for low-income families. She's asking for new or gently used winter coats.
Bins are being set up in lobbies of government buildings across Frankfort, but people who can't make it to Frankfort are asked to make a winter coat donation to their local Goodwill.