Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Wed November 4, 2009
Kentucky First Lady Launches Coat Drive
Frankfort, KY – First lady Jane Beshear is urging Kentuckians to donate coats to help the poor during this year's upcoming winter. Governor Steve Beshear's office is working with Goodwill Industries of Kentucky on a coat drive that runs through November 27th.
Mrs. Beshear says she's encouraging people to donate coats that could help provide warmth for low-income families. She's asking for new or gently used winter coats.
Bins are being set up in lobbies of government buildings across Frankfort, but people who can't make it to Frankfort are asked to make a winter coat donation to their local Goodwill.