Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed October 24, 2012
Kentucky "Drive Sober" Campaign Results in Over 1,600 Citations
Kentucky’s “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” enforcement effort resulted in 1,636 citations for drunken driving this year. The Kentucky Office of Highway Safety coordinated campaign with 200 state and local law enforcement agencies from August 17th to September 3rd. The federally funded effort also led to over 1,400 felony arrests and thirteen hundred 1,300 drug arrests. State Transportation Secretary Mike Hancock says the campaign is meant to educate the public on the dangers of impaired driving. Last year, Kentucky recorded over 5,600 crashes related to drugs and alcohol, resulting in 150 deaths and more than 3,000 injuries.