Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Tue October 8, 2013
Kentucky Derby Adding Giant Video Board
Churchill Downs is installing a video board bigger than three basketball courts to make sure everyone attending the Kentucky Derby can actually see the horse race.
The Louisville track say the more than 15,000-square-foot video board will be installed early next year — well ahead of the Run for the Roses. The $12 million dollar project is the latest upgrade at the famed track.
Track officials say the video board will be positioned to maximize the viewing angle for fans in the clubhouse and grandstand seats and for tens of thousands of fans packed in the track's 26-acre infield.