Most Active Stories
- Winter Storm: KYEM Upgrades Emergency Activation Level, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Tue October 8, 2013
Kentucky Derby Adding Giant Video Board
Churchill Downs is installing a video board bigger than three basketball courts to make sure everyone attending the Kentucky Derby can actually see the horse race.
The Louisville track say the more than 15,000-square-foot video board will be installed early next year — well ahead of the Run for the Roses. The $12 million dollar project is the latest upgrade at the famed track.
Track officials say the video board will be positioned to maximize the viewing angle for fans in the clubhouse and grandstand seats and for tens of thousands of fans packed in the track's 26-acre infield.