Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Thu April 25, 2013
Kentucky Democratic Party Raises Almost $58K in March
The Kentucky State Democratic Executive Committee has reported that it raised nearly $58,000 in March. That's according to paperwork filed with the Federal Election Commission last week.
The organization has been filing monthly reports with the FEC, disclosing its fundraising and spending. The latest report, which covers a period from March 1 through March 31, shows disbursements of nearly $62,000. It also shows the organization has just less than $42,000 remaining in the bank.
Democratic Party Chairman Dan Logsdon had been trying to use Republican U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnell's re-election bid as a catalyst to raise money even before a serious challenger gets into the race.
Actress Ashley Judd, a former Kentucky resident, has opted not to run. Now Democratic Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is considering the race.