Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu April 25, 2013
Kentucky Democratic Party Raises Almost $58K in March
The Kentucky State Democratic Executive Committee has reported that it raised nearly $58,000 in March. That's according to paperwork filed with the Federal Election Commission last week.
The organization has been filing monthly reports with the FEC, disclosing its fundraising and spending. The latest report, which covers a period from March 1 through March 31, shows disbursements of nearly $62,000. It also shows the organization has just less than $42,000 remaining in the bank.
Democratic Party Chairman Dan Logsdon had been trying to use Republican U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnell's re-election bid as a catalyst to raise money even before a serious challenger gets into the race.
Actress Ashley Judd, a former Kentucky resident, has opted not to run. Now Democratic Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is considering the race.