Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Mon July 9, 2012
Kentucky Civil Rights Hall of Fame nomination deadline approaches
There’s one week left to nominate human rights advocates for the 2012 Kentucky Civil Rights Hall of Fame.
Cynthia Fox with the Kentucky Commission on Human Rights says anyone 18 or older may nominate a person who has been dedicated to helping others gain fair treatment, equality, improved quality of life and human and civil rights. Fox says the nominee may be living or deceased.
"If they are contributing to civil rights in Kentucky, or have contributed to civil rights in Kentucky."
The deadline to submit nominations is Monday, July 16. An induction ceremony will be held in October.