Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
Mon July 9, 2012
Kentucky Civil Rights Hall of Fame nomination deadline approaches
There’s one week left to nominate human rights advocates for the 2012 Kentucky Civil Rights Hall of Fame.
Cynthia Fox with the Kentucky Commission on Human Rights says anyone 18 or older may nominate a person who has been dedicated to helping others gain fair treatment, equality, improved quality of life and human and civil rights. Fox says the nominee may be living or deceased.
"If they are contributing to civil rights in Kentucky, or have contributed to civil rights in Kentucky."
The deadline to submit nominations is Monday, July 16. An induction ceremony will be held in October.