Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Fri July 26, 2013
Kentucky Broadens Scope Of Unemployment Offices
Governor Steve Beshear has unveiled a new name for the state's 75 unemployment offices. They've now officially been dubbed Kentucky Career Centers. Beshear says the new name reflects a new focus on services for both job seekers and job providers.
The re-branding of the unemployment office to the Kentucky Career Center is part of a larger strategy to modernize the workforce development system. Some four years ago, Beshear had directed the Kentucky Workforce Investment Board to develop a way to make the system more globally competitive. The launch of Kentucky Career Centers comes after three years of planning. The centers will offer a variety of new services, including career coaching, job fairs and resume writing.