Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri July 26, 2013
Kentucky Broadens Scope Of Unemployment Offices
Governor Steve Beshear has unveiled a new name for the state's 75 unemployment offices. They've now officially been dubbed Kentucky Career Centers. Beshear says the new name reflects a new focus on services for both job seekers and job providers.
The re-branding of the unemployment office to the Kentucky Career Center is part of a larger strategy to modernize the workforce development system. Some four years ago, Beshear had directed the Kentucky Workforce Investment Board to develop a way to make the system more globally competitive. The launch of Kentucky Career Centers comes after three years of planning. The centers will offer a variety of new services, including career coaching, job fairs and resume writing.